Menu

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Official.

Apparently...a little past 11:30 this morning...I became a Senior Citizen.  Now, I can order a Senior meal at my favorite restaurant...if I grocery-shop on Thursdays, I'll get a 5% discount...and gosh, I can hardly WAIT to see what AARP is going to do for me.  

The Mailman...who is 5 years younger than me...thinks all of this is just hilarious.  For the past several weeks, he's taken every opportunity to remind me...and this morning, before work, he took me out for breakfast JUST so he could request the discount.  The joke's on him, though.  You see, for the past 17 years, I've been doing my best to age him...discreetly, of course...and according to my diabolical plan, by the time he retires he'll be 5 years OLDER than me.  BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

All kidding aside...when I think of the woman I was 30 years ago, there's NO WAY I would go back.  Apart from a slimmer physique and perkier bewbs, there's not much I miss about being 25.  Today, I have a wonderful man who loves me...a home of my own...work that I enjoy...and a certain level of comfort in my own skin.  And a profound gratitude for all that I've been given.  I had none of that at 25.  And as for the body and the bewbs...well, that's nothing a diet and a good bra won't fix.  Right? 

1 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh girlfriend...Happy Birthday to you! I'm thrilled you are alive, happy and well.

I'm 52 and my life has NEVER been better. I'm grateful for the things God's giving me and the very breath I breathe. So many in our world are not as fortunate.

YOU ARE A BLESSING TO ME!

xoRebecca

Post a Comment