Menu

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Dress, My Jacket

I don't remember exactly when I made this dress or this jacket.  My best guess would be the late seventies or early eighties.  Certainly no later than 1982.  As a young twenty-something, this was my passion.  I would chose the most complicated pattern...the most difficult fabric...and attempt to make something beautiful.  Sometimes I failed...sometimes I succeeded.  These are two examples of success.

Why am I showing these to you?  I wanted you to see where I've been...and where I would like to be again.








I want to turn a crisp lapel...

















...construct a smooth slot pocket...












...and a bound buttonhole.













I want the challenge of a delicate placket...














...a fine French seam...











...and chiffon ruffles.







I love these garments.  Do they still fit?  Yes.  Will I ever wear them again?  Probably not.  I left behind pale neutrals and over-sized silhouettes long ago.  Then, why do I keep them?  Because they inspire me. This is what I want to do...and I can't wait to get started again.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your dress!! So light and playfully flirty. Well done. T

Post a Comment